Skip to content
Did you know?
- Walnuts have been cultivated in California since the 1700’s when Franciscan missions planted walnut trees.
- Commercial production began in the late 19th century with orchards in Southern California.
- California’s Sacramento and San Joaquin Valley grow 99% of the english walnuts grown in the United States.
- 3/4 of the walnuts traded in the world come from California!
- There are more than 30 varieties of walnuts produced commercially.
Learn about Walnuts and Walnut Farmers from California Food Bloggers!
Want to learn more about walnuts in California?